Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Looking up ...

Our b-day party was a blast, just as I'd expected. I partied more like it was 2003 instead of 1999, but I think that will suffice since geriatric tendencies should excuse me from acting like I'm 18 again.

The most exciting gift I've gotten so far are the bon bons from LM. Seriously. Those things are amazing. She made them herself and they have nothing bad in them - dates, walnuts, coconut, agave nectar and chocolate. I'm going to attempt making them for family but there is a chance that since the health meter teeters on wholesome for these treats, they may not be as popular as the other sweet treats of the season. More for me ...

The funniest part of the evening was the appearance of Lenny; shy, quiet, stay-at-home Lenny. He donned a bowling shirt bearing his name. He wore pants that would have been called knickers back in the day. And he was blitzed as my Papa would call it. Sputtering, mumbling, and very very affectionate. I daresay, he may have groped me.

The most special part of my evening, besides the Lenny grope, was the surprise b-day cake. The two Hubs' got together and ordered a cake from the local bakery and surprised us with singing and candles. It wasn't exactly the b-day cake I would have ordered but it was sweet and chocolaty and served with love.

Seems a great way to start my birthweek, don't you think?

No comments: