Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bowling for Christmas

After a couple days of playing cards and eating over vacation, we decided to do something active. So, on Sunday, we went bowling. I'd never been bowling over Christmas, so it was a good adventure for the DocFam. We ended up with a group of 11 immediate and extended family members bowling. There were gutterballs and granny throws aplenty, but with a score of 55 and 74, I was right in the middle of the group. We are, obviously, not professionals.

We bowled right next to a woman who looked so familiar that I couldn't stop looking at her. Thankfully, she finally clued me in that we lived on the same floor in the dorms for our freshman year in college. The last time we'd seen each other was my sophomore year, 1994. She's a psychologist living in Chicago who is hoping to move back to Montana when her husband finishes his PhD. I would have never connected with her again had we not gone bowling for Christmas!

No comments: