Thursday, December 27, 2007

Infected Rafael

When I crawled into bed last night, I removed the bandage from Rafael that was cushioning the lump from the constant pressure of my shoe. Much to my chagrin, Rafael was not looking so hot. Cut open, red, oozing puss, and throbbing, I showed Hubs. He grimaced and diagnosed an infection. I knew it was bad when Hubs demanded that I stay off my feet in order to get better even though we have a weekend of cross-country and downhill skiing planned. I consulted with Dr. DT and he confirmed an infection; a first in the life of Rafael.

Sick and tired of the effect Rafael has had on my life, I made an appointment with an orthopod January 30. I'm sure he'll suggest cutting Rafael out of my life completely. I think I'm ready to let go...

2 comments:

cdoc said...

Where or where has bdoc gone, or where or where could she be?

Anonymous said...

Um, ew.