Thursday, December 27, 2007

As I look back over the past 6 days, I realize that I really did LEARN something new or DO something new every single day of my vacation. Starting last Friday ...

Friday we planned to make the long drive to what I affectionatly call the Biswack. I took the day off even though I knew that we wouldn't leave town until the afternoon. So that morning I set out to learn something new. And I did.

Did you know that the Bermuda Triangle is not on a map but it is located between Miami, FL, Bermuda, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. I had no idea. And even more interesting: did you know that one of the plausible explanations of lost ships and planes at sea is the deep trench at the surface of the Bermuda Triangle - some of the deepest trenches in the world that would swallow ships and planes without ever finding them. And then coupled with the weather factor, scientists have come upt with plausible explanations for lost ships and planes. Apparently, the Triangle experiences unusually short, quick and violent storms that blow in and out without ever being detected by satellite. Interesting. But mostly, there is still some question about whether the Triangle swallows more planes and ships than any other place in the world. Fascinating. There was more to my learning exploratory but you should go see for yourself what I learned about the Triangle. You'll enjoy it.

No comments: