Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Forever Young

My birthday, December 6th; is approaching and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. Usually, as my family and friends know very well, I am forecasting my birthday around September to be sure that calendars are marked and celebrations are plenty. I’ve attempted to maneuver a birthWEEK instead of just one day with minimal success and much to my chagrin. However, this year, I’m feeling a bit like I never thought I’d feel, OLD.

My eyes have a few more laugh lines, my skin feels flaky and dry, my waistline life preserver could save a whale now, and I’m an old married hag. Luckily, I’m married to a young hottie Hubs. But even that puts more pressure on me to be young, look young and act young.

ALAS, never fear – I won’t let this age get me down for too long and I probably shouldn't since it'll creep up on me again next year. As soon as the presents roll in and the parties begin, I’ll be birthday festive once again. We’re having a party this weekend for me and BFF who has a birthday two weeks prior (1 year younger though) and just to show you that I’m not too bah humbug about my birthday, I’m going to party like it’s 1999 … and since I’d only be turning 18, it could be a sight to behold!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love b-days! Ours is going to be fun fun fun!

Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday party and remember that you are young at heart and that age is only a number.
Love MDoc

jdoc said...

Whatever. You're old.