Friday, December 7, 2007

Backwards

I've gotten a good number of odd looks when I've explained my goal to learn something new or do something new every day for this year; starting yesterday on my birthday. I've made it a point to mention it numerous times in the hope of getting some good suggestions for my To Do list for the year. Most people, however, thought I was joking or could only think of things like: learn guitar, learn a new language, etc. While those are definitely good ideas, do you really think I could sustain this goal for a whole year with a list like that?

I'm thinking more like this: today, my "newbie" was to walk the dogs down the road and do it backwards. So, when I returned home from work today with minimal light left in the day, thankfully, I walked the dogs backwards. They were very confused at first. Sake bounced around me and poked me repeatedly in the leg with his snout excited to play. Sasquatch just sat down and looked at me very confused about moving in the opposite direction we faced. Finally, they took the lead per usual and we walked down the road to the field where they played and then back up the road to home; backwards both ways.

The challenge mostly was to walk a straight line on the road so that I wouldn't veer off into the ice patches on the sides. Luckily only one car passed me and it was a teenage girl from down the road that doesn't notice anyone but the other person on the cell phone which I swear is atttached to her ear.

Because I had to concentrate so hard on towing a straight line, I don't know if neighbors noticed me. If they did and because I know this won't be the only time they see me doing something "backwards", I'm pretty sure by this time next year they'll think I'm a loon.

2 comments:

cdoc said...

I have always thought you are a loon, now you are looking like one too, so it works.

BDoc said...

It's good to look the part, I guess...