Saturday, February 2, 2008

Warning: Spoiler

A week ago, I was without cable television. In fact, I was without a television that got anything but white noise and played movies with DVD for the past 10 years. The television hasn't been switched to TV mode from the DVD mode at least since I moved to this place 2.5 years ago as we don't even get the 3 or 4 channels with rabbit ears. When someone asked whether I'd seen this or that commercial, I never had. And when people get into conversations about this sitcom or that; this series or that, I would stare blankly and blink a few times. I usually then took the opportunity to express my pride at having chosen books, crossword puzzles and the internet over television; a far inferior choice, no doubt.

As of a week ago, we got cable and have over 160 channels. I'm officially addicted to HGTV. I fully blame it on having been sentenced to a week in the house on my couch recuperating from foot surgery. But there is nothing I can do but admit my addiction and move on from there. I love Divine Design, House Hunters, Design To Sell and anything else that happens to grace the schedule on HGTV. And I really do love TLC when they show things like What Not To Wear and yes, I've even watched Love That Dress where a bride goes to the most expensive bridal shop in the world and gets to pick whatever she wants as money is no object. And then I've discovered the National Geographic Channel and its Dog Whisperer show where I get tips on how to train my dog even though I likely won't do any of it esp. in my seemingly permanent horizontal position.

And then today, I watched a whole marathon of The Biggest Loser; UK. I was disgusted with myself but couldn't tear myself away. In fact, Hubs happened down the stairs and expressed his horror at my choice of shows and soon thereafter, was totally enthralled and we cheered against each other for who to win - I wanted Mark to win, he wanted Martin.

After my conversation with Sis JDoc last night wherein I mentioned my three hour stint of What Not to Wear (and we appropriately named it the What Not To Wearathon), I felt the need to confess today's stint of The Biggest Loser. She chuckled mostly to herself and then said, "Becky, I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but I think we already know who the biggest loser is here."

Actually, JDoc, no worries about spoiling: Aaron was the biggest loser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also addicted to the biggest loser and What not to wear.
MDoc

jdoc said...

Project Runway is the way to go people. Get on board. Wednesdays. Bravo. It's not too late.