Friday, February 8, 2008

Just What You Want To Hear!

Through all of the ups and downs of pain, depression, wobbling on crutches, and frustrations of recovery, the thing that has moved me to write today is the first normal bowel movement since surgery. I never before knew the trials and tribulations of the uninvited, unwanted and totally abhorred Constance. I asked Mama Doc whether she'd ever remembered me having problems when young and she confirmed that I'd been perfectly "normal" in this regard for my entire life ... until January 25.

Today, I went through all the normal stages of a bowel movement - that feeling of movement, some gaseous production, wobbling to the bathroom (remember the crutches), and I sat down and did my business within minutes, maybe even SECONDS.

Thank goodness I'm back to normal ... relatively speaking, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We know that you will never be back to normal, but I am glad that
your husband will have to wear his shirt over his nose again.

Love Mdoc