Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Jig

It's a milestone in recovery when your foot doesn't hurt anymore. I didn't think it would take a MONTH to hit that milestone. But alas, no more pain. Generally now, I just dream about rotating my ankle and stretching my leg.

The other night, I dreamt that I had returned from a long run and had to stretch afterward - which is definitely a dream given my lackadaisical attitude toward stretching after spending that much time running. And apparently the clarity of my dream alerted my body to respond and I stretched in my sleep and caused a cramp in my calf underneath my cast. Poor Hubs was jerked out of sleep with my screech and his reaction was, "What did I do?" Poor guy must worry about hitting my foot in his sleep. There was nothing I (or he) could do to get rid of the cramp except writhe in pain and hope it went away. It did and I decided that my bad attitude about stretching is probably better for me in my sleep.

No comments: