Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just a phase ...

Hubs and I have had some ups and downs during this recovery period. He is the sole person upon whom I rely for most of the things I can't do because I'm on crutches and can't put weight on my foot. What that means is that I can't do things like laundry, cook dinner, do dishes and take the dogs for walks. For the most part, I try to pitch in where I can but the reality is that I can only stand around on one foot for a short amount of time before I end up unbalanced and on the verge of teetering over. I've obviously gotten better at this as my recovery has progressed.


Because I rely on Hubs for most of these things, he gets a little frustrated and can't help but let me know. Which means that I consistently feel like a burden - not a good feeling when I'm already feeling down because I can't go outside and I can't work out. I mostly understand where he's coming from and forgive him before he apologizes, but it's a little wearisome.


In a breakthrough moment when we finally came to some accord on the situation, Hubs grabbed a Sharpie and signed my cast with the messsage in the picture here. It warmed my heart and made me realize that I can endure this phase for just another 2.5 weeks and I'll be back on my feet again and we'll have a happy household again.

No comments: