Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Exactly once ...

As I've made abundantly clear, I'm on crutches. And I can't do much. I can't even drive. I've become accustomed to asking for and accepting help which isn't an easy thing for my independant, self-reliant, stubborn self.

With all the help in the world, though, I still can't work out much. But I've tried ... exactly once. I think it could have been a very funny submission to Funniest Home Videos had someone been lucky enough to catch it on film: one-legged squats, push-ups hanging from the bed, leg lifts with an elastic band attached to my cast, and running-like motions suspended on my crutches positioned perfectly to fall on the bed should I lose my balance. I made sure to attempt this feat of balance when Hubs was out of town so not to subject myself to ridicule or filming. Even though it wasn't the type of workout I would do if I were back on my feet again, I think mostly it made me feel like I was doing something to get myself a little closer to normal ... baby steps. No pun intended.

No comments: