Saturday, January 5, 2008

Once and for all...

On 12/27, 2007, I finally called the doc for an apointment to deal with Rafael once and for all. This counts as a legit Newbie because for one, I’m the judge and jury of my own project, and for two, I haven’t been ready for the likely outcome of making an appointment; and now I am. So, for me, this counts. I have lived with this painful knob on the inside of my right foot since, hmmm, maybe since high school. I have become much more active in my adult life and therefore, it has grown and festered for most of its existence. Having trained for and finished 4 marathons, I probably secured the fate of its maturity, but everything I do now is with pain in my foot. The final straw was the infection. So, it’s a Newbie for me to finally buck up and call the doc because I know what he’ll say: cut it off. Calling the doc meant being prepared for a major, difficult and painful surgery and recovery. And for my Newbie, I’m finally ready. The prospect of no more pain while I run, ski, dance, walk, backpack, etc, is enough to seal the deal once and for all.

No comments: