Monday, January 7, 2008

Snowshoeing

Last Saturday, I finally tried out my Christmas gift from Hubs - snowshoeing. I'd never done it before and was glad to log at least one Newbie for the New Years weekend. I went with BFFs AVD and SH and had a great time frolicking in the snow like we actually have it - which we don't here in the dry barren desolate brown desert of Helena. We had to go high to get any of the white stuff but it was like a winter wonderland once we did. Snowshoeing is definitely a contender for the Fave winter play right up there with x-country skiing, downhill skiing, and Guiness drinking.

Speaking of winter wonderland, I think Lost Trail Ski Resort is the last best place left in Montana for skiing. It's cheap (unlike the ridiculous mountain, BS -a fitting acronym - that claims home in Montana but charges more than most Montanans can afford), it ALWAYS has great snow even in the face of global warming and desert-like conditions elsewhere, there are hardly any people there; I've never waited in line at the lift, and it's tucked back in the middle of nowhere on the border of ID and MT. It's my new favorite place to ski. Plus, they serve a really kickass brownie with chocolate frosting that I can't resist every time I go. I daresay it's better than the massive chocolate chip cookie that I get at Discovery Ski Basin every time we ski there. I think it could feed most of Helena in a food shortage. Mmmmmm, maybe it's time to go skiing again.

No comments: