Saturday, January 5, 2008

Death by Hanging

Did you know that death by hanging is still allowed in 2 states in the U.S.? I found this out last Friday, December 28, 2007, by playing my favorite Boxerjam game, KnowItAll. It's like a trivia game and one of the questions was about what other methods of death, besides lethal injection, are allowed in some states with the death pentaly. It made me curious so I looked it up. Washington and Delaware still allow death by hanging. The website where I found it, my new favorite site, Howstuffworks.com, has more fascinating information about how hanging actually works. The website claims that when it's done right, hanging can be one of the "most humane ways to inflict death." Isn't that an oxymoron?

It's still appalling to me that we share this honor (<--insert sarcasm) of being a country with the death penalty with other countries like Rwanda, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, etc. And yet, we bomb them for the "human atrocities" they inflict on their people. It makes me gag.

No comments: