Tuesday, November 13, 2007

DP is OUT

I am admittedly and unabashedly addicted to Diet Pepsi. So much so, that I have affectionately termed it DP in my family (although Hubs has many other unpublishable options for my acronym). I can't go a day without it or I will be cranky and intolerable. Headaches. Cravings. Can't think of anything other than DP and it's deliciousness. I even know the people at my local convenience store by name and they know me and what I get every single day. I have probably spent hundreds of dollars on DP this year. When I mentioned to Hubs that yesterday was my last day of DP, he laughed maniacally.

And so, because I hate the thought of being beholden to a fountain soda any longer, I am quitting. Cold Turkey. DONE. D.U.N. See ya. Au revoir. Adios.

Today is the first day and I've only been up for 5 hours. I am, as predicted, cranky, intolerable, suffering from a headache, craving DP, and thinking of nothing else. I have already taken 2 ibuprofen and I'm counting the minutes until I can head to the First-Aid station and get another dose. I can't wait for this week to be over so the withdrawal symptoms are gone too.

On the bright side: Think of all the shoes I can buy with the money I'll save not buying DP. And that will be another addiction I'll have to tackle. Another day ....

3 comments:

jdoc said...

Good luck. You can decide which tone I am saying that in. But really, good luck.

cdoc said...

How's it going?

BDoc said...

I haven't had anything since Monday. I really only had 24 hours of headache and then it was miraculously gone. I think I've replaced my incessant DP drinking with snacking though. Yikes.