Friday, October 19, 2007

Need for an Inner Voice

I've had a particularly crazy busy week. I've reviewed, drafted, edited, redrafted, re-reviewed and re-edited a single 40-page document for three days in a row. I could recite it word-for-word but I'll save you the gory details. And then I had a particularly stressful meeting about this same 40-page document today that lasted all of this morning and some of this afternoon.

Needless to say, my brain is spent and I should have gone home about 5 minutes ago to save myself a collossal embarassment.

My secretary walked into my office a minute ago. Barely realizing she was in my office and certainly not connecting that fact in my exhausted-beyond-comprehension brain, AND talking to myself like I do so often, I inadvertently said out loud, "Oh I have gas."

Time to go home.

1 comment:

jdoc said...

She probably knew about the gas already. It's best just to clear the air. Pun intended.