Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nap-Thirty

Fall: I love this season. I love it because it's a time when Nature is vigilant at recruiting advocates. This is the time when Nature launches Her most persuasive campaign for life-long adoration. Those who never felt this sense of devotion before can't ignore Her brilliance; and those who have lived a life of devotion are reminded of its fervor. She doesn't spare a measure of energy in displaying her glory: snow-capped mountain tops, brilliantly-colored deciduous trees, and clouds so full of precipitation that their appearance demands respect.

And I love this season because it creates days like today. Overcast skies, cool and breezy, leaves of many colors flying about - all the perfect recipe for cozying up in my bed with a book and not fighting the urge to sleep.

Ahhhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

jdoc said...

Sounds lovely. Did you use the ol' favorite, "Don't call me. I'll call you?"

Anonymous said...

Funny. I almost wrote that in my blog. Great minds ...