Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MY Spoon

Each morning I come to work, I bring my breakfast with me. It consists of one of two things: 1. Brown Cow Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt with fresh berries or strawberries and muesli that has chunks of goodness like almonds or carob chips in each bite; OR 2. Cottage cheese, frozen raspberries, blackberries and blueberries and pineapple with slivered almonds to top it off. I can’t really say which is my favorite but I have become quite fond of the Brown Cow vanilla yogurt so I might lean that way if asked….

And each morning I use the same spoon – it’s one of those with the thick, colored handle that has been discarded for regular use at my house because it’s old and well, ugly. It’s perfect to leave at work to eat my breakfast. The spoon has now become crusted with chunks of purple cottage cheese, stained by the berries in each breakfast. I can chip off the large dried chunks but I’m afraid the sheen of purple stain and crusty globules are permanently affixed to the spoon. I figure that if I’m eating the same thing every morning and I’m the only person using my spoon, why wash it?

This morning, I was enjoying my vanilla yogurt and muesli combination and another attorney walked in with a sour face and asked, “WHAT IS THAT?” I began to explain, understanding that my breakfast doesn’t look so appetizing (my hubs calls it slime),
“Brown Cow low fat yogurt …and,” “NO! What you’re using to eat it with.”

OH THAT – it’s my spoon.

He left my office all incredulous and appalled even after I explained my perfect logic that I’m the only one to eat with that spoon.

I think I’ll wash it today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was trivial but very, very funny!
DDoc

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing. Maybe I will take my spoon home and wash it.

Love MDOC

jdoc said...

Guilty over here too. I licked dried tomato soup off my spoon yesterday and then used it to eat my tomato soup. It's a vicious cycle.

Anonymous said...

i did this with a knife once, that i would use to spread peanut butter on bagels at work. then, i accidentally left it in my backpack when going through airport security about three months post-9/11. the guards were not amused and not impressed with the dried peanut butter.