Friday, November 20, 2009

Crack, errr I mean Crave

The first time I'd ever been to Calgary to visit Hubs was when we drove here (I'm visiting here now) with Amy and Rory for the weekend. We had tickets to the Neil Young concert and thought we'd make a trip of it together. For the afternoon on Saturday, we went to a hip little area of town called Kensington and discovered the most delictable, delicious little place in all of the city simply by putting our nose to the breeze and sniffing it out. Literally. We rounded a corner and VOILA, there it was; a line out the door and around the corner for just one little cupcake. Some were there for more than one cupcake but we didn't yet know the delight that was the cupcake and how much more the delight could give us if we had more than one cupcake. We were about to find out. We were, however, smart enough to figure out that it had to be good if man, woman and child would stand in line for that long just to experience Crave, the home of the famous cupcake.

Tomorrow, we plan to go to Crave again and my biggest dilemma is what to get. I no longer just go there for one cupcake. Oh no, that won't do it. I've promised these little delights to friends and family back home and I cannot disappoint. I can't imagine what it is about these delicious things that makes me come back time and again. But my suspicion is that, if labeled with the ingredients on the side of the package, the cupcake would read something like this:

Ingredients: Butter, Sugar, Chocolate, CRACK.

And then I'd know why I am destined to come back time and time again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look delicious> Hope you bring some back for us.
Love Mama