Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

There are a few thing they don't tell you about pregnancy body changes that I'm currently experiencing first hand ...
First, my teeth and gums are so sensitive. I have to buy the uber-soft toothbrushes to keep my gums from bleeding regularly. Bro-in-law DT is probably thinking I'm just scrubbing the enamel off my teeth with the pressure of brushing. But ALAS, I REALLY barely touch my gums and I could choke on the blood that results - nice visual, isn't it?
Second, I'm sensitive to COTTON - 100% cotton shirt that turned my neck and back red as the color of the shirt. Luckily the irritation goes away but it happens almost every morning. I think nudity should be an option during pregnancy.
Finally, I SWEAR to you that my vision is changing ... for the better. Just a few months ago (approximately 4 1/2), I had to use reading glasses to comfortably read the print on my computer. I used them to take the strain off of flipping from computer to book reading. This meant that I wore contacts AND reading glasses for the whole day. Now, I don't need them. Done. No strain. No squinting. I told the eye doc about this and he acknowledged that there could be a change in my eyes but it's very rare and changes usually occur in the health of the eyes, not the vision. Well, I'm an exception. And what does he know, he's never been preggers? I'm hoping to continue this pattern and maybe next year by this time, I won't need contacts either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always supplied you with your toothbrushes. Wish I could be there to do that for you. You are so funny. Hopefully, I can be there to help you with all of this in the near future.
Love You. Mama

cdoc said...

I just now realized that you've been writing blog entries for the past month or so, why didn't anyone tell me!