Thursday, December 11, 2008

Never Too Old ....

My birthday was last Saturday and Hubs came home the night before. He couldn't wait to give me gifts (that he bought against the rules of NO GIFTS while we're on one income). So, shortly after he was smothered with love by the dogs, he presented me with gifts. Yup, plural. Rule breaker.

The first was a beautifully wrapped package of 1/2 dozen red velvet cupcakes from Crave. Seriously, these HAVE to be the best cupcakes I've ever tasted. I immediately stuffed my face with every last morsel of cupcake leaving nothing behind but the sheen of butter on my fingers. Mmmmmm, my mouth is watering right now as I write.

The next gift was a cute red hat that I'd lusted over while I was visiting Hubs in Calgary a few weeks ago. I heart my new hat and think I should wear it EVERY.DAY.

And then the finale. Hubs pulled out a little manilla envelope about the size of a post-it note. I opened it and inside was a tiny plastic ziploc bag holding a diamond stud with a post that twisted into a funny shape - clearly not an earring. My eyes got big with surprise and trepidation when I'd realized that all the years I'd claimed that I would pierce my nose were going to be put to the test. He'd gotten me a nose stud; a diamond, white-gold nose stud.

Sooo, December 6th, the anniversary of the day of my birth 36 years ago, I paid someone to shove a needle into my nose for vanity's sake.

And I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both enjoyed every minute of the gift giving. I am sure the rest of your 36th year of birth will be full of gifts.

Love MDoc