Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pilates

We were in the position yesterday at pilates where you lie on your back on the machine with your legs straight in the air at a 90 degree angle to your hips squeezing a ring between your ankles . It's never been my favorite position because of the exertion it takes just to be in the position - and THEN you begin the movement of your legs and arms and it becomes increasingly difficult. Now that I'm preggers, even the resting position is increasingly difficult so this one has fast become the bane of my existence during pilates. It was no shocker then, that the instructor pointed at me during class to admonish my slacking effort on maintaining the 90 degree angle I was certain my legs were NOT in.

Except she wasn't pointing at my legs. When I looked down to see what I was doing wrong, I noticed the real subject of her inquisition; my belly. It was protruding in a cone-shaped fashion from the very apex of my roundness. My guess is that the Little Man was trying to heed her instruction to extend his legs at a 90 degree angle to his body inside my belly. And it made a perfect point at the top of my round belly. I tried to push it back down and he pushed right back at me keeping the position much better than I could. I started to laugh and that was all I could take. Each time I would get up, I'd gain composure; lie back down, and he'd point his foot right out my belly again.

I think the Little Man is going to be good at pilates; certainly better than his Mama. And stubborn too; just like his Mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He definitely was the center of attention at your pilates class.
MamaD