Monday, November 24, 2008

And So It Goes ...

This week will mark the first of hopefully-not-many holidays I'll spend without Hubs. It's a career hazard to live 6 hours from each other and then travel another 10 hours the other way to the Bis for a holiday that only lasts 4 days. There is little likelihood that under this scenario, we'll ever be together for a holiday.

There is also little likelihood, however, that our holidays will be spent in the Bis for very much longer. PapaDoc took an early retirement and the ParentDoc duo is seriously comtemplating their relocation to our little sleepy town of Helena. It's a bittersweet thought as I try to contemplate never having Christmas or Thanksgiving in the house I've called home for much of my life.

So, I don't mind making the trek back east for the holidays even if it means I'll be without Hubs. But let's not make this a habit. And be prepared for snow because inevitably it'll snow directly and exclusively along our way there. That's just how it goes.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: