Thursday, April 3, 2008

They got me ....

I subscribe to the daily tips on www.idealbite.com which is an eco-friendly website that claims to make living green a more hip thing to do. The site includes some funny quirky things to make it more interesting to read; probably part of its "hip"ness. One of the Daily Tidbits, entitled "Getting Sauced" suggested some organic sauces to try. They provide a "Personally Speaking" opinion about it such as: "We taste-tested the Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce and all agreed: You could put this stuff on anything - even a shoe - and it'd still taste good." They even warn against the use by under-18-year-olds because of its "saucy" language - right up my aisle, I'd say.

But one day I opened the Daily Tidbit and it told me this: "Yes, yes, yes! Everyone knows to turn used condoms inside-out for another go, but with a quick rinse, you can save additional latex and cash by using condoms three times before chucking 'em, instead of just two. Recycling just got 33% sexier."

And I couldn't believe what I was reading. Are you SERIOUS? Reusing condoms? We've joked about reusing condoms but people ACTUALLY do it (yes, I know they "do it" but I didn't know they'd "do it" with a used condom).

I kept reading: "The Benefits: Making cents while making love. Think of all the pennies you coulda saved if you'd adopted this tip during your slutty phase in college."

WOW, this really is funny and HIP. But seriously?

And then in the Personally Speaking section: "Condoms can tear during rinsing even if you're careful, so be gentle. That said, we've been doing this for years, and it's resulted in only three unexpected pregnancies. "

And then I looked at the date: April 1, 2008.

No comments: