Thursday, December 17, 2009

What a week...

Welll, what can I say? This week suck(s)(ed). I'm on the up-swing and can write about it now with optimism in my heart ... Tuesday morning I awoke to whining pipes during my shower. An hour later, I was mopping up water in my basement; puddles under the floorboards, water spewing across the room; wet insulation and boards inside my walls. The plumber took 1/2 hour to fix it and Servicemaster will be there for weeks mopping up the mess, drying the walls, replacing insulation, and putting the pieces back together.

Yes, insurance will cover a good portion of it but there remains question about separate claims and leaky pipes and moving water heaters and toilets for repairs and how much will be covered with that... But, the bright side is that we will have a new basement for the Little Man when he arrives. New floor, new walls, new pipe, new insulation.

And the fact that my brain jumps mostly to the bright side now is quite a feat given that my propensity yesterday was to belly up (and what a belly it would be) to the bar and order a few stiff ones.

Progress, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby will have a brand new room. Glad you are looking at the bright side. LOL Mama/Oma

jdoc said...

Progress. But you might want to belly up to that parrot candy place and order a few stiff truffles nonetheless.

BDoc said...

Oh now THAT'S a great idea JDoc. That's a bar I can belly up to - chocolate shake, here I come!

cdoc said...

Now you can write another post to add to the drama of your week. A new week has started, it can only get better, right?

Girl of Approval said...

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Maybe it's just a sign that your little one likes he surroundings nice and new. :)