Friday, June 27, 2008

On Her Own Time

I haven't had anyone really close to me have a baby in my life; nor have I had one myself. But my BFF, the one with whom I share everything including my brain, is having a baby and she's overdue by at least 6 days and counting. I am quite excited, nervous, anxious to finally meet the little girl who will look like, act like, and learn from my BFF which means she'll most definitely be an amazing, beautiful, smart little girl. OH and did I mention stubborn?

We've taken walks; we've eaten spicy food; we've even threatened to take her on the back of a bus down York Road to bounce her out. No show. BFF's done squats, yoga, walked down the block bouncing up and down on the curb looking undoubtedly ridiculous. Nothing. BFF and the Papa have practiced some other unmentionably personal things. To no avail. BFF has pushed on her belly and gotten foot rubs and generally just practiced everything in the book to persuade that little girl out of her growing belly. NADA. I've tried to coax her out with song, dance and discussion. Still nothing.

I think she's just stubborn.

My prediction for this child is that she'll just do things on her own time. Like her Mama.

2 comments:

jdoc said...

KC tried acupuncture, but her baby was still at least ten days late. Some people just cook their babies longer, I've heard.

Anonymous said...

That baby will come out when she is ready. She definitely has a mind of her own just like her new Aunt Becky.

Mama Doc